If you would like to invite a lecturer to your institution please use the online request form.
How to Request a Lecturer:
If you are already registered, you can log in to your profile 'My Profile Host Institution' on the left side of this page where you can request a lecturer.
If your institution is not registered yet, please register first an account as VLP Host Institution.
Once a request for a volunteer lecturer is made by a university in a developing country the process goes as follows:
- CDC contact the lecturers identified concerning their availability.
- The lecturer and host institution are put into direct contact to agree on the precise dates and course content, local living arrangements and costs.
- The host institution sends an official letter of invitation from the university to the lecturer.
- 4. The lecturer (or, upon request, the IMU/CDC Administrator) researches the travel cost.
- The lecturer and host institution inform the CDC Administrator about the expected costs of the flight, accommodation and visa (total shall not exceed USD 5.000).
- The CDC Secretary for Policy approves the grant for the lecturer based on the agreements and availability of funding.
- If all parties agree and funding is approved the lecturer's visit is scheduled and the flight is booked (either by the lecturer or by the IMU/ CDC or its partner organizations).
- The host institution informs the lecturer about the assistant (local mathematics professor) who prepares the students beforehand, assists the volunteer lecturer when necessary during the course, and takes care of any necessary follow-up and puts both into contact.
- After the volunteer lecture period the VLP lecturer as well as the host institution submit a report about their experience and evaluation.
Problems or Questions?
In case of any questions or problems, please do not hesitate to contact the CDC Administrator via email. icmi.cdc.administrator[at]mathunion.org.