Application as a Lecturer
If you are interested to lecture in a developing country, you need to register as a Volunteer Lecturer via our online application form.
You can register as lecturer here.
Your data will be stored in a profile which you can edit and update if necessary.
If you are already registered, you can login to your profile 'My Profile Lecturer' and edit your data.
Once a volunteer's CV, availability and other information is in our database, the matching process goes as follows:
- IMU/CDC receives a request for lecturers from a university in a developing country. The institution indicates their preferences for lecturers based on their needs and the kinds of expertise and periods of availability indicated in the database.
- We then contact the lecturers identified concerning their availability.
- The lecturer and host institution are put into direct contact to agree on the precise dates and course content, local living arrangements and costs.
- The lecturer (or, upon request, the IMU/CDC Administrator) researches the travel cost.
- The lecturer and host institution inform the CDC Administrator about the expected costs of the flight, accommodation and visa (total shall not exceed USD 5.000).
- The CDC Secretary approves the grant for the lecturer based on the agreements and availability of funding.
- The host institution sends an official letter of invitation from the university to the lecturer.
- If all parties agree and funding is approved the lecturer's visit is scheduled and the flight is booked (either by the lecturer or by the IMU/ CDC administrator).
- The host institution informs the lecturer about the assistant (local mathematics professor) who prepares the students beforehand, assists the volunteer lecturer when necessary during the course, and takes care of any necessary follow-up and puts both into contact.
- After the volunteer lecture period the VLP lecturer and the host institution submits a report about his/ her experience and evaluation including a request for reimbursement ( including a copy of the receipts of all costs e.g. flight cost, vaccination, visa cost, accommodation, living cost, health insurance).