Besides the Grants Program for Mathematicians and the Volunteer Lecturer Program, the CDC also carries out the following activities to accomplish various aspects of its mission:
- Support of Local Initiatives
- Support of Educational and Local Capacity Building Programs
- Supports and implements IMU member contribution-programs destined for support of mathematics and mathematics teaching in developing countries.
- Explores funding and grant opportunities of new and existing sponsors.
- Develops proposals and joint activities with partner organizations.
- Locates inexpensive and free online mathematics research resources and advertise these to mathematicians in the developing world.
- Acts as a "clearing-house" for the activities of individual countries and mathematics societies in support of mathematicians in the developing world.
- Encourages proposals and appeals of support and projects from mathematical organizations or individual mathematicians in the developing world.