All applications should contain all of the following information:
1. Detailed scientific program (including organization of the conference: plenary lectures, parallel sessions, etc.)
2. A list of invited speakers (Name-University-Country) (specify those who have accepted)
3. Relevance of the conference for participating mathematicians from developing countries
4. An estimated budget how the grant requested for the support of mathematicians from developing countries will be spend (e.g. 1000 USD for speaker from a developing country and 300 USD for living costs, 1000 travel support for two participants from developing countries).
5. A statement detailing how funding sought from GSC will be matched by the conference organizers (e.g. free accommodation and food for supported mathematicians)
6. The total budget of the conference including a list of supporting institutions, expected income and expected expenditures).
7. Curriculum vitae of main conference organizer(s) (max. 3 pages)
Conference organizers should apply at least six months in advance to the Grants Selection Committee of CDC.
In cases in which funding is granted, the conference grant will normally be in the range of USD 1000 – 3000. Exact amounts will depend on the Committee's evaluation mathematical quality and impact and budget constraints.
In the case that support is granted by the Grant Selection Committee, the organizers are required to name IMU- CDC as sponsor of the conference (in all publications, announcements e.g.) as well as submit after the conference (within six weeks)
- An Itemized detailed financial report on the use of their GSC conference funds naming the supported mathematicians as well as their contact details.
Attention grantees: If the conference is cancelled, or if its nature is fundamentally altered, grantees are required to immediately contact the IMU Secretariat in Berlin concerning return of the funds granted. It is expected that the funds will be returned to CDC/IMU.
For the Conference Support Application Form, please go here: Application Form for Conference Support.
If you encounter any difficulties, please contact the CDC Administrator.
Final Report Form (for scientific and financial report)
For the final report (after the conference) please use the Report Form for CDC Support.
For reports of past CDC supported conferences, please go here.