XIIIth IACME - third announcement
The XIIIth Interamerican Conference on Math Education will be held at the Universidade Federal de Pernambuco (http://www.ufpe.br) Recife, Brazil, June 26-30, 2011, when the Interamerican Committee on Mathematics Education IACME (http://www.ciaem-iacme.org) will be celebrating its 50th anniversary. IACME is an affiliate organization of the International Commission on Mathematical Instruction ICMI (http://www.mathunion.org/icmi/home). Official Languages: Spanish, Portuguese, English.
1. Preparation of Math Teachers
2. Problem Solving and Modeling in Math Education
3. Technology and Teaching of Math
4. History and Epistemology of Math Education
5. Ethnomathematics and Sociocultural Perspectives
6. Curriculum Development in Mathematics
7. Evaluation of Mathematical Learning
8. Research in Math Education
9. Professional Competencies in Math Education
10. Statistics and Probability in Math Education
11. Geometry in Math Education
12. Algebra in Math Education
13. Differential and Integral Calculus in Math Education
14. International Comparative Studies of Math Tests
15. Sociology of Math Education
16. Videos and Multimedia and Math Education
17. New Emphases and Tendencies in Math Education
18. Science Education and Math Education: connections
19. Math Education and social, cultural and linguistic Diversity
20. Math Education in the Elementary School (grades 1 to 6)
21. Math Education in Preschool.
Alan Schoenfeld (USA), Bill Barton (New Zeland), Michèle Artigue (France), Mogens Niss (Denmark) –opening lecture, Ubiratan D’Ambrosio (Brazil)
Plenary Round Tables
-How should Teacher Preparation be to sustain the teaching and learning of Mathematics through Problem Solving? Dario Fiorentini (Brazil), Salvador Llinares (Spain), Luz Manuel Santos (Mexico). Presider: Claudia Groenwald (Brazil)
-The Intellectual Contribution of Ubiratan D'Ambrosio to Math Education. Marcelo Borba (Brazil), Patrick Scott (USA), Luis Carlos Arboleda (Colombia). Presider: Carlos Vasco (Colombia)
-What Has Been the Impact of Technology on Curricula in Math Education. Fidel Oteiza (Chile), Luis Moreno Armella (Mexico), Michèle Artigue (France). Presider: Tania M. M. Campos (Brazil)
IACME: 50 years
César Carranza (Peru), Claude Gaulin (Canada), Ed Jacobsen (USA), Eduardo Luna (Dominican Republic), Ricardo Losada (Colombia), Ubiratan D’Ambrosio (Brazil).
Luis Santaló Medal
The IACME Executive Committee will award the first Luis Santaló medal.
Presentations and new deadlines
IACME XIII will accept proposals for 3 types of presentations: Communications, Workshops (2 hours) and Posters. See the IACME XIII web page for the guidelines for proposals: format (IACME Style) & submission.
For reception of proposals: January 24, 2011.
For indication of acceptance: March 15, 2011.
For requested corrections or improvements to proposed presentations: April 15, 2010.
Registration and Payment to ensure the inclusion of a presentation in the Conference Program (at least one of the presenters of each presentation): April 30, 2010.
All proposals must be complete (no summaries) and should be submitted via the platform Open Conferences System on the web page.
Registration & Payment
Registration and payment are 2 different processes. Since now, you can register. The dates and payment procedures will be informed through the official web page.
Registration fees: from 75 to 200 US dollars.
August 2010-March 2011: $150 US ($75 US, students)
April 2011-May 2011: $180 US ($90 US, students)
June 2011: $200 US ($100 US, students)
Updated official information
You should consult regularly the official web page for updated information and changes.
Local Organization (Recife, Brazil)
Rute Borba and Carlos Monteiro (Brazil): firstname.lastname@example.org
Centro de Educação - Universidade Federal de Pernambuco -
Avenida Acadêmico Hélio Ramos S/N
50.740-530 - Recife, PE, Brasil
Phone: 55 (81) 21268326
Fax: 55 (81) 21268326