All applications should contain all of the following information:
- Detailed scientific program (including organization of the conference: plenary lectures, parallel sessions, etc.)
- A list of invited speakers (Name-University-Country) (specify those who have accepted)
- Relevance of the conference for participating mathematicians from developing countries
- An estimated budget how the grant requested for the support of mathematicians from developing countries will be spend (e.g. 1000 USD for speaker from a developing country and 300 USD for living costs, 1000 travel support for two participants from developing countries).
- The total budget of the conference including a list of supporting institutions, expected income and expected expenditures).
- Curriculum vitae of the two main conference organizers. The CV should also contain a list of publications!
- Conference organizers from developed countries are additionally required to demonstrate that they will match the funds requested from CDC with an equal amount from other sources which is also dedicated to supporting conference participation by mathematicians from developing countries e.g. free registration and/ or accommodation and/ or living expenses for supported mathematicians.
- The bank information details of the conference account. Please find the template here.
Conference organizers should apply at least four months in advance to the Grants Selection Committee of CDC but no later than three month in advance.
In cases in which funding is granted, the conference grant will normally be in the range of EURO 1000– 3000. Exact amounts will depend on the Committee's evaluation mathematical quality and impact and budget constraints.
Attention grantees: If the conference is cancelled, or if its nature is fundamentally altered, grantees are required to immediately contact the IMU Secretariat in Berlin concerning return of the funds granted. It is expected that the funds will be returned to CDC/IMU.