ICM - International Congress of Mathematicians
- The International Congress of Mathematicians 2014 (ICM 2014) will be held in Seoul, Republic of Korea, August 13-21, 2014. Preregistration for ICM 2014 is available.
The IMU Executive Committee has appointed the ICM 2014 Program Committee (PC) at its meeting in February 2011. The chair of the PC is Carlos Kenig, (PC-Chair-ICM2014(at)mathunion.org), the Louis Block Distinguished Service Professor of the Universtity of Chicago. The PC has set up the structure of the ICM 2014 program (which includes 19 sections) and has determined the panels for all the ICM sections.
The roles the Program Committee and the Organizing Committee play in the preparation of the scientific program of an ICM are described in the PC/OC Guidelines.
- The International Congress of Mathematicians 2018 (ICM 2018) has been advertised for bids. In its Call of July 1, 2011 the International Mathematical Union invited all IMU Adhering Organizations and national mathematical societies in IMU member countries to submit bids for hosting the International Congress of Mathematicians in the year 2018 and the IMU General Assembly prior to this Congress. The bid period expired on November 30, 2012.
- The International Congress of Mathematicians 2022 (ICM 2022) will be advertised for bids in due course.
General Information about ICMs
Below are links to the Web pages of recent ICMs as well as a list of all ICMs.
Documentations about previous ICMs
- The Proceedings of past ICMs are electronically available free of charge.
- The list of Plenary and Invited Speakers since 1897 is also electronically available.
- Videos recorded at the International Congresses in 1998 (Berlin), 2002 (Beijing), and 2006 (Madrid), and 2010 (Hyderabad) show the opening ceremonies, plenary lectures, and some other events at these ICMs.
ICM related Grants
The International Mathematical Union, in cooperation with other mathematical organizations and the local Organizing Committee of an ICM, provides Grants to Young Mathematicians as well as Grants to Senior Mathematicians from developing and economically disadvantaged countries. At each ICM, the local organizers usually offer further grant programs. The local Organizing Committee of ICM 2014 in Seoul will be particulary generous and invite 1,000 mathematicians from developing countries to Korea.
More information can be found here.