Name of Volunteer: Lucquin Brigitte
Home Institution: Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Position at home institution: Collaborateur bénévole (i.e. Volunteer – retired-)
Host Institution: Royal University of Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Arrival and departure date in host country: 21 March – 11 April 2015
Who was your main contact in the host country (name, affiliation and email address)?
Mam Mareth, Royal University of Phnom Penh, Cambodia, email@example.com
Please answer the following questions:
1) Location (country, city, institution) of your lecture:
Cambodia, Phnom Penh, Royal University of Phnom Penh (RUPP)
2) Dates of your lecture:
23 march – 10 April 2015
3) Subject and title of the course:
Approximation of Partial Differential Equations I
4) How often did you teach a course?
3h every day
5) How many students took part in the course(s)?
6) Background of students: Undergraduate/ Master/ PhD Students?
7) Please provide (if possible) any schedule of activities/list of topics covered during your visit.
I attach the contents and the bibliography of my course
8) Did you develop or follow a prescribed syllabus or did you write your own?
I wrote my own syllabus
9) Was it available to the students before the course or when the course began?
Please also mention the references you used or any textbooks that were referred to:
See the bibliography attached
10) Did you use any books, classroom material, AV, or other technology-based materials?
Computers for the Scilab sessions (and visio-projector). Otherwise, I wrote on the whiteboard.
11) What type of assessment tools did you use? Attach if available, any notes or exams/quizzes that were distributed to students. There were 3 tests (the first one very short) ; I join them
12) In which language was the course given:
13) Was the course language the native language of the students?
14) Did you give any public lectures, and did you discuss with local staff issues regarding the curriculum?
No public lecture but I discussed with the local staff many times
15) Where did you live? (e.g. hotel, hostel, on campus, in city e.g.)
16) Do you have any recommendations/suggestions to the professor who will visit the university in the future (also regarding accommodation, health and visa issues?
I am in permanent contact (by mail) with Michel Waldschmidt (who will follow me) to continue our action locally (and help the young PhD that are now back in Cambodia to organize themselves). No specific recommendation regarding accommodation, visas …
17) Would you like to share anything else, such as a particular experience, testimonial etc.?
18) Do you have any pictures which you would allow us to put on the IMU- CDC website?
I have only few and I have already sent them
19) Are we allowed to publish the answers you provided above?
I do not really understand the question : you mean with respect to my administration (in that case, it is yes) ? local staff and/or administration ?
Thank you very much!