Online International Cooperation in Mathematics: Challenges and Opportunities for Developing Countries is a panel hosted by the IMU Commissions for Developing Countries (CDC) at this year’s virtual International Congress for Mathematicians.
Date: Tuesday, July 12, 2022
Time: 2.15PM – 4.15PM (CEST)
The topic of the virtual panel session is Online International Cooperation in Mathematics: Challenges and Opportunities for Developing Countries. The panel session will host 8 speakers from organizations and institutions across the continents, such as those that work on increasing capacities within developing countries, those focusing on education and gender within mathematics, as well as institutions from the developing regions themselves.
Panelists and the represented organizations:
- Olga Gil Medrano, IMU Commission for Developing Countries (IMU-CDC)
- Anjum Halai, International Commission on Mathematical Instruction (ICMI)
- Marie Françoise Roy, IMU Committee for Women in Mathematics (IMU-CWM)
- Christophe Ritzenhaler, Centre International de Mathématiques Pures et Appliquées (CIMPA)
- Claudio Arezzo, International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP)
- Mama Foupouagnigni, African Institute for Mathematical Sciences Global Network (AIMS)
- Guillermo Cortiñas, University of Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Edy Tri Baskoro, Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB), Indonesia
Join us at the CDC Panel to learn about the challenges of mathematicians and institutions in developing countries, and the initiatives and programs of various organizations to promote international cooperation despite challenges in global mobility, in particular how communication technology can be harnessed to reach mathematicians all over the world.
To participate in the panel, registration for the ICM2022 is mandatory. Information on how to sign up for the ICM will be put up soon on the ICM website. Stay tuned!