- The International Congress of Mathematicians 2022 (ICM 2022) will take place as a fully virtual event over 6–14 July 2022. Please note the following:
- The virtual ICM 2022 schedule is now available via the link at the bottom of this page.
- Lectures are scheduled to take place between 9:00–18:00 CEST every day.
- Participation is free of charge, but registration will be required.
- We are currently working hard to develop the digital infrastructure.
- Further announcements will be made on this web-page once available.
- On 6 July, the 2022 Fields Medalists and IMU Abacus Medalist will give prize winner lectures live in Helsinki, Finland. Admission to the lectures will be open to all who wish to attend. The lectures will also be streamed live.
- There are also efforts within the mathematical community to organize in person and online events to complement the virtual ICM 2022. As satellite events, the IMU does not provide financial or organizational support to these activities, but we wholly commend the organizers for their efforts and are grateful for their engagement. A. Borodin, M. Hairer, and T. Tao are moderators of the ICM Satellite Coordination Group, which is coordinating these efforts.
- Prior to ICM 2022, the IMU will host its 19th General Assembly in Helsinki, Finland, on 3–4 July 2022 at the Scandic Grand Marina & Marina Congress Center.
- On 5 July 2022, the IMU will hold the IMU Award Ceremony 2022 as a live event in Helsinki, Finland at Aalto University. Here the winners of the Fields Medals, IMU Abacus Medal, Chern Medal Award, Carl Friedrich Gauss Prize and Leelavati Prize will be announced, and the awards will be handed over. The event will be streamed. On the day after (6 July), the 2022 Fields Medalists and IMU Abacus Medalist will give prize winner lectures live in Helsinki, Finland. Admission to the lectures will be open to all who wish to attend. The lectures will also be streamed live.
For anyone who had registered and paid to attend the now cancelled ICM in Saint Petersburg, please email email@example.com regarding reimbursement of the registration fee.
International Mathematical Union