This program gives partial support to Mathematical Science based conferences organized in developing or economically disadvantaged countries. The funds are for travel and accommodation only.
The Grant Selection Committee (GSC) consists of the CDC Secretary for Grants Selection as Chair and has six other members, three from CDC and three others, each representing Latin America, Africa and Asia respectively.
This program is administered by IMU-CDC.
Please note that during December 20 th, 2017 and January 5th, 2018 no requests/ emails can not be answered by the CDC Grants administration.
If your application is NOT completed by the deadline, it CANNOT be considered for evaluation.
Please send your application at least two weeks in advance so it can be checked.
1. The conference must be in a Mathematical Sciences field or a related one
2. The conference must address either a Regional or an International audience. They should benefit mathematicians from neighboring countries as well.
3. The selection committee specifically considers only those conferences at a Research level and CANNOT support schools or activities which involve professional training.
4. The conference must be based (place of work) in a developing country. OMU classifies Developing Countries as those with GNI per capita in USD, not exceeding USD 11,000, in accordance with the United Nations data.
5. In exceptional cases, conferences conducted by developed countries inviting mathematicians from developing or economically disadvantaged countries can be accepted.
CDC classifies Developing Countries as those with GNI per capita in USD, not exceeding USD 11,000, in accordance with the United Nations data.
These conferences fall under the category of 'Key Support'.
The CDC also supports annually a few major international conferences occurring in developed countries (countries with a Gross National Income per capita (GNI) greater than 11,000 USD).
This is possible only when the international conferences invite mathematicians from developing and economically disadvantaged countries and if the money granted by CDC is specifically used for supporting them.
Organizers of category B conferences are additionally required to prove that they will match the funds requested from CDC with an equal amount from other sources which must also be dedicated to supporting conference participation by mathematicians from developing countries.
1. A completed application form must be sent by the conference organizers are at least five months in advance.
2. Curriculum Vitae (CV) of BOTH conference organizers must be submitted. It must include a selected list of publications. (Max. 3 pages)
3. Budget details must be included. It should be a detailed draft of the approximate spending (see 'Grant details' below for an overview of what is covered). The applicant CANNOT apply for more than 3500 Euros. Please submit the completed bank information form in order to receive your funds.
4. The application form must include a list of invited speakers (Name-University-Country). Please specify those who have accepted the invite.
5. The application form must also include a detailed scientific program (which includes details of how the conference will be organized: plenary lectures, parallel sessions, etc).
All the best!