If your application is NOT completed by the deadline, it CANNOT be considered for evaluation. Please send your application at least two weeks in advance so it can be checked.
Please note that we recommend African Mathematicians to apply for the IMU Simons African Fellowship (open until 2021).
This program supports travel costs for RESEARCH visits (minimum stay is four weeks) by mathematicians based in developing and economically disadvantaged countries.
Please note that this program CANNOT support travel cost to any conference, summer school or workshops. CDC programs cannot cover the cost of accompanying family members.
1. They should hold a PhD in Mathematics
2. They must be based (place of work) in a developing country. CDC classifies countries whose Gross National Income per Capita (GNI) is less than 11,000 USD as "Developing Country". For a list please go here
3. They should be employed as a faculty member of a university or an equivalent institution.
4. They should have already established contact with a mathematician in the host institution and should have a definite research plan at the time of applying for the grant.
5. The host institution must cover local living expenses like accommodation and boarding.
6. The applicant should have been granted appropriate leave of absence from his/her institution for the period of visit.
7. Minimal length of visit should be one month.
1. The online application form has to be submitted.
2. Curriculum Vitae (CV) of BOTH the applicant and the host professor must be submitted. It must include a selected list of publications. (Max. 3 pages)
3. A detailed Research program has be to be included. It has to cover:
3. Budget details must be included. It should be a detailed draft of the approximate spending (see 'Grant details' below for an overview of what is covered) on the visit.
4. A formal letter of invitation has to be sent by the host institution directly to email@example.com. This letter must specify the period of the visit as well as the financial commitment (the cost of accommodation and local living expenses must be covered by them). It should also include information regarding office space/ or at least a desk that the host must provide in the mathematics department of the university, along with internet access and the information that the host will cover accommodation and possibly some living costs.
1. The amount that is awarded usually ranges between 1,500 USD - 2,500 USD.
2. The Grant can cover the following costs:
3. As already mentioned, living costs CANNOT be covered as a part of the grant. This must be covered by the host institution.
4. This grant CANNOT support travel costs to attend workshops or conferences.
For the final report (when returned home) please use the Report Form.
The Grant Selection Committee (GSC) consists of the CDC Secretary for Grants Selection as Chair and has six other members, three from CDC and three others, each representing Latin America, Africa and Asia respectively.
The applications are circulated to the GSC through the IMU Secretariat in Berlin, Germany.