Between 2010-2016 ICMI has invested a significant amount of resources into the CANP project. In 2015 the ICMI EC accepted a proposal to review CANP: It was proposed to review CANP as a whole (rather than individual evaluations of each CANP) for which a Review Committee was established.
The following Terms of Reference were proposed:
- Evaluate the whole CANP program for how well it meets the original aims and its other impacts.
- Evaluate the whole CANP program for value of money, financial efficiency, and sustainability.
- Review and update the aims, description, and criteria documents for CANP
- Make recommendations on how existing CANPs are further supported.
- Make recommendations on new CANPs, or other CANP activities.
CANP Review Process:
- As a first step during January and June 2016 the participants, organisers and IPC member answered two online surveys regarding their CANP experiences.
The survey for participants (CANP 1-4) can be found here.
The survey for CANP 5 (participants) can be found here.
The survey for organizers and IPC members can be found here.
- The first results of the surveys were presented at the EC meeting in Berlin in July 2016. The presentation can be found here.
- In July 2016 an ICME13 discussion group had two fruitful meetings regarding CANP and its future.
- The final results of the review were presented to the ICMI EC in June 2017 and can be found here:
Evaluation of the Capacity and Network Project CANP 1-5 of the International Commission on Mathematical Instruction (ICMI) Full Report
- In May 2018 a CANP meeting regarding the future of CANP was held in Taipei. As a results of the workshop it was decided to continue supporting the CANP Projects 1-5 between 2019-2021.