AFRICME-Africa Regional Congress of ICMI on Mathematical Education
- The First Africa Regional Congress of ICMI on Mathematical Education (AFRICME-1) was hosted by Witwatersrand University in Johannesburg, South Africa, in June 2005. The Proceedings were published by Witwatersrand University (contact Jill Adler).
- AFRICME-2 took place at the Catholic University of Eastern Africa, Nairobi, Kenya, on May 23-26, 2007.
- AFRICME-3 was hosted by the University of Botswana in Gaborone, Botswana on May 18-21, 2010. The theme of this conference was “Mathematics as a Leading edge in the Education for All (EfA) Framework's. See 2nd call for papers.
- AFRICME-4 (the Fourth Africa Regional Congress of ICMI on Mathematical Education) was held in Lesotho in 2013. The Congress was hosted by the Lesotho College of Education - Faculty of Science on the 11 - 14 June 2013. Contact: Nkosinathi Mpalami at: nkosinathi.mpalami2[at]mail.dcu.ie Find the conference announcement and all necessary information here.
- AFRICME-5 was held from August 29 until 31, 2018 at Aga Khan University in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania. Chair: Prof. Anjum Halai, Co-chair: Dr. Fred Mtenzi. The second& third announcement and the proceedings can be found below.
- AFRICME 6 was be held online: 25th to 29th October 2021
Teaching and Learning Mathematics in the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR)
- Theme 1: Enhanced Mathematics Learning Process Through ICT
- Theme 2: Teaching Mathematics in the Era of COVID-19.
- Theme 3: Blended/ hybrid/Distance learning in mathematics education
- Theme 4: Mathematics Teacher Professional Development schedule
Important dates (NEW)
- Submission of Abstract – July 31, 2021
- Notification of Status – August 31, 2021
- Registration Opens – September 1st, 2021
- Submission of full paper –November 30, 2021 (for those wishing to publish by conference proceedings)
Plenary lectures by
Plenary Lecture 1: Prof Anjum Halai, (Aga Khan University Pakistan)
Plenary Lecture 2: Prof Omolola Ladele (TBC)
Plenary Lecture 3: Prof Ferdinando Arzarello, Università di Torino (Italy)
Plenary Lecture 4: Prof Luneta Kakoma, University of Johannesburg, South Africa
Here you can download the SECOND announcement (including contact details).
CIAEM (Conferencia interamericana de educacion mathematica)
A history of past Inter-American Conferences on Mathematical Education (CIAEM-1 to CIAEM-12) can be found at on the webpages of the Inter-American Committee.
CIAEM-14 (XIV Inter-American Conference on Mathematics Education) was held in Tuxtla Gutiérrez, Chiapas, Mexico, May 3-7 2015. All the information can be found here: xiv.ciaem-iacme.org The Conference languages were Spanish, Portugues and English. Further information: Ángel Ruiz, Presidente, Comité Interamericano de Educación Matemática, CIAEM, www.ciaem-iacme.org firstname.lastname@example.org
CIAEM-15 (XV Inter-American Conference on Mathematics Education) was held in in Medellín, Colombia, May 5-9, 2019.
East Asia Regional Conferences in Mathematics Education:
- EARCOME-1 was hosted by Korea National University of Education in August, 1998 in Chungbuk, Republic of Korea.
- EARCOME-2 (together with SEACME-9) was hosted in Singapore by the National Institute of Education, Nanyang University, in June, 2003.
The EARCOME series replaced the SEACME series thereafter.
- EARCOME-3 was hosted by East China Normal University in 2005 in Shanghai, China.
- EARCOME-4 was hosted by Universiti Sains Malaysia in 2007 in Penang, Malaysia.
- The Fifth East Asia Regional Conference in Mathematics Education (EARCOME-5) was held at the National Olympics Memorial Youth Center in Tokyo, Japan, on August 18-22, 2010.
- The Sixth East Asia Regional Conference in Mathematics Education “Innovations and Exemplary Practices in mathematics education” (EARCOME-6) was held at the Prince of Songkla University, Phuket Campus, Phuket, Thailand on March 17-22, 2013.
- The 7th EARCOME conference "In Pursuit Of Quality Mathematics Education For All" was held in the Philippines from May 11-15th, 2015.For more information please go here: earcome7.weebly.com The conference language was English. Here you can find the EARCOME 7 off-line website (on IMU Server)
- The 8th EARCOME conference was held in the Taiwan from May 7-11, 2018. Here you can find the EARCOME 8 off-line website (on IMU Server)
- The first conference in the series, EM 2000, was held in Grenoble, France, and organized by the French Commission for the Teaching of Mathematics (CFEM) in honor of the International Year of Mathematics.
- The second conference, EMF 2003, was held in Tozeur, Tunisia. It was organized by the Tunisian Commission for the Teaching of Mathematics (CTEM) and the Tunisian Association of Mathematical Sciences (ASTM) with the aid of CFEM.
- The third conference, EMF 2006, was hosted by the Université de Sherbrooke in the Eastern Townships (l'Estrie), situated east of Montréal, Canada. The theme of the conference was L'enseignement des mathématiques face aux défis de l'école et des communautés. Details can be found on the website of the congress.
- The fourth EMF conference, EMF 2009, was hosted by the University Cheikh Anta Diop in Dakar, Senegal, on April 6-10, 2009. The theme of the conference was Enseignement des mathématiques et développement: enjeux de société et de formation. Details can be found on the website of the congress.
- The fifth EMF conference, EMF 2012, was hosted by the University of Geneva, Switzerland on February 3-7, 2012. The theme of the conference was Enseignement des mathématiques et contrat social: enjeux et défis pour le 21e siècle. Details can be found on the website of the conference.
- The sixth EMF conference (EMF- 2015) was held in Algiers (Algeria) from October 10th, to October, 14th, 2015. The theme was “Cultural pluralities and universality of mathematics: Issues and Challenges for their teaching and learning”. The second announcement, including the call for papers, of the “Espace Mathématique Francophone 2015” scientific conference was available online at the conference website at the following address: emf2015.usthb.dz.
The seventh EMF colloquium (EMF2018) will take place in Paris, from October 22 to 26, 2018. The theme of the colloquium is "Mathematics on the stage, bridges between disciplines." The colloquium includes 12 working groups, 5 special projects, and actions and events. For more information, visit: https://emf2018.sciencesconf.org