2022 Global Online Celebration live stream
On March 14, 2022, there will be virtual global one-hour celebrations in Arabic, English, French, Portuguese and Spanish. Each celebration will feature four ten minute talks:
- Arabic: 12:00–13:00 CET (Chair: Djamel Eddine Cheriet; Speakers: Tarig Abdelgadir, Samia Achour, Jehad Abu Alkbash, Taous Meriem Laleg-Kirati)
- Portuguese: 13:00–14:00 CET (Chair: Maria de Natividade; Speakers: Inês Guimarães, Marcos Cherinda, Alexandrina da Silva, Humberto Bortolossi)
- English: 15:00–16:00 CET (Chair: Sujatha Ramdorai; Speakers: Katie Steckles, Wilfred Ndifon, Steven Strogatz, Laura Wynter)
- French: 16:30–17:30 CET (Chair: Raïssa Malu; Speakers: Wendelin Werner, Marie-Françoise Ouedraogo, Moreno Andreatta, Christian Genest)
- Spanish: 18:00–19:00 CET (Chair: Jeanette Shakalli; Speakers: Alicia Dickenstein, Bernardo Recamán, Natalia Jonard, Eduardo Sáenz de Cabezón)
There will also be a 48-hour online coverage on March 14, 2022, starting at 00:00 NZDT and ending 24:00 PDT: follow it on the IDM website or on social media. The gallery of best photos from the 2022 Photo Challenge will be online.
Launch of the UNESCO tool kit “Mathematics for Action: Supporting Science-Based Decision Making”
The Open Access tool kit “Mathematics for Action: Supporting Science-Based Decision Making’’ consists in a collection of lively two-page briefs promoting mathematically-grounded solutions to global challenges and highlighting the role of mathematics in addressing the SDGs of the UN 2030 Agenda. It was produced by the following consortium of expert organizations: African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS), African Mathematical Union (AMU), Centre de Recherches Mathématiques (CRM), UNESCO Cat II Centre CIMPA (Centre International de Mathématiques Pures et Appliquées), European Mathematical Society (EMS), Institut des Sciences Mathématiques et de leurs Interactions (INSMI) at CNRS, Institut de Valorisation des Données (IVADO), Canada, International Commission on Mathematical Instruction (ICMI), International Mathematical Union (IMU), International Science Council (ISC).
Launch of the Science in Exile Declaration of the International Science Council
IDM 2022 is part of IYBSSD 2022
The United Nations proclaimed the International Year of Basic Science for Sustainable Development 2022 (IYBSSD 2022), of which IMU is a founding union. The 2022 theme “Mathematics Unites” for IDM 2022 expresses in particular that “Mathematics unites all sciences, giving them a common language”. IDM 2022 is naturally part of IYBSSD 2022.