HPM 2016 is the 9th quadrennial meeting of the International Study Group on the Relations Between the History and Pedagogy of Mathematics — the HPM Group. It is a satellite meeting of the 2016 International Congress on Mathematical Education (ICME 13) and is scheduled just before it.
These quadrennial meetings are a major activity of HPM to bring together individuals with a keen interest in the relationship between the history of mathematics and mathematics education.
Main theme and topics
The theme of HPM 2016 is “Mathematics in the Mediterranean." The program and activities are structured around the following topics:
1. Theoretical and/or conceptual frameworks for integrating history in mathematics education.
2. History and epistemology in students and teachers mathematics education: Classroom experiments and teaching materials.
3. Original sources in the classroom and their educational effects.
4. Mathematics and its relation to science, technology, and the arts: Historical issues and interdisciplinary teaching and learning.
5. Cultures and mathematics.
6. Topics in the history of mathematics education.
7. Mathematics in Mediterranean countries.
Submission of Abstracts: October 31, 2015
Notification of acceptance or not of the submitted abstracts: 30 November 2015
Submission of full texts: January 31, 2016.
Notification of acceptance or not of the submitted texts: 30 March 2016
For further information, please contact:
· Luis Radford (Chair), email@example.com
· Fulvia Furinghetti (Co-chair), firstname.lastname@example.org
· Thomas Hausberger (Co-chair), email@example.com
· Anne Cortella (Co-chair), firstname.lastname@example.org