Remember Maryam Mirzakhani is an exhibition with 18 original posters. Institutions interested in hosting the exhibition can consult the rules of use and contact CWM at email@example.com. The exhibition opened at the (WM)², the World Meeting for Women in Mathematics, and remained open during ICM 2018. It contained also a book of condolences, and volumes with Maryam Mirzakhani's mathematical papers as well as a book with papers about her. Curator: Thais Jordao. Designer: Rafael Meireles Barroso. A poster and flyer describing the exhibition are available in english.
In 2021, CWM has an agreement with the following institutions:
- The Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence for Mathematical and Statistical Frontiers (ACEMS), at Queensland University of Technology (QUT) displaye the exhibition at "The Cube" in Brisbane , using the multiple high resolution screens offered by The Cube. On May 12 2021, the exhibition was opened for the general public to view throughout the day. It was promoted using the official ACEMS and Centre for Data Science (CDS) twitter accounts. This event has the support of CDS who run a parallel Wikipedia edit-a-thon to promote women in mathematics from within The Cube.
In 2020, CWM has an agreement with the following institutions:
- Virtual Heidelberg Laureate Forum from 21 to 25 septembre, with a virtual reality approach to the exhibition, a panel discussion Theorems and Initiatives inspired by Maryam Mirzakhani, and the projection of the film Secrets of the Surface.
- Dipartimento di Matematica 'Levi-Civita' Padova, Italy, 10- 25 May 2020
- Arizona State University, Celebrating Women in Mathematics and Statistics event March 26-27, 2020
- Maison Internationale de Rennes, France, from 10 to 17 march, with a roundtable about women in mathematics on March 11 from 18 H to 19 30 at MIR – 7 quai Châteaubriand - Rennes .
- Department of Mathematics at the University of Ottawa, Canada. 6-13 March 2020. The posters will be introduced by Prof Sara Maloni (Virginia), whose presentation will be the first annual Distinguished Women in Mathematics Colloquium at the University of Ottawa.
- Federal Paraná University (Curitiba, Paraná, Brasil), starting February 11th to celebrate the International Women and Girls in Science Day, in the framework of the "Meninas na Matemática: Procuram-se Arletes" project. Form 11th February to 15 March (earlier that initially planned because of Covid).
- Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC) in Barcelona, Spain, 10th February till 24th April 2020. Several activities will be orgganized around this exhibition, taking advantage of the celebration of the International Day of Women and Girls in Science (11 February), the International Women’s Day (8 March) and the International Day of Mathematics (14 March).
- Joint Mathematics Meeting in Denver, USA, January 15-18, 2020, organized by The National Academy of Sciences’ U.S. National Committee for Mathematics.
In 2019, CWM has an agreement with the following institutions:
- Canadian Mathematics Society's Winter Meeting hosted by York University, held from December 6 to 9, 2019 at the Chelsea Hotel in Toronto.
- Fields Day @ Queen's, Canada, on November 19, 2019.
- INMOST, a science museum affiliated with the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology in Iran, opened in 2010 and working to for developing scientific and technological literacy. INMOST will run a permanent exhibition on the scientific achievements of Maryam Mirzakhani at the beginning of September 2019 for about 5 years, including the exhibition "Remember Maryam Mirzakhani".
- University of Rennes, France, at Diapason from 14 to 25 October as part of the annual "Festival des Sciences" and at the University Library on Beaulieu Campus from 18 November to 15 December. On October 15 the amphitheater Maryam Mirzakhani wias inaugurated with two mathematical talks from Elise Goujard and Olga Romaskevich.
- At the II Festival da Matemática (II Mathematics Festival) in Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS), Porto Alegre, in Brasil, from August 7 th to 10 th 2019,together with an exhibition entitled "Mulheres na Matemática" (“Women in Mathematics”), organized by Adriana Neumann and Cydara Cavedon Ripoll, professors at UFRGS and members of the Comissão de Gênero da SBM/SBMAC (SBM/ SBMAC Gender Commission). This exhibition will be composed by a collection of many pictures about women in mathematics (including past and present mathematicians, and gold medalist female students in the Brazilian Mathematics Olympics for Public Schools and some data on female participation in mathematics.
- The Stanford Mathematics Department, USA, where Maryam Mirzakhani held a professor position, May 13 to end of august. The exhibition is taking place on May 13-May 24, 2019, in connection with an event and reception planned for the afternoon of Monday, May 13 celebrating Maryam Mirzakhani's birthday (May 12), and announcing the recipient of the inaugural Maryam Mirzakhani graduate student fellowship at Stanford. It is extended till August 2019.
- MSRI, Berkeley, USA, May 12 to end of august. The Mathematical Sciences Research Institute is organizing a Celebration of Women in Mathematics on May 13, as part of the May 12th international initiative. The event aims to gather in community women mathematicians in the Bay Area, and will include a lecture about Maryam Mirzakhani's work, a preview of the film about her life, which is being created by MSRI, group discussions on topics of common interest, and time to connect with each other in celebration. The “Remember Maryam Mirzakhani” photographic exhibition will be displayed during the event and will continue to be displayed through August 2019, as MSRI hosts a series of Summer Graduate Schools, a National Science Foundation-supported Research Experience for Undergraduates (MSRI-UP), and the Summer Research for Women in Mathematics (SWiM) program. The visitors for these programs will also be able to view the photo exhibition, as well as members of the general public and the researchers participating in the scientific programs.
- The Fields Institute, Canada, May 10-17, 2019, as the Fields institute s hosting a special Celebration of Women in Mathematics on May 13.
- Nesin Mathematical College, Turkey. The exhibition will start during the Antalya Algebra Days Conference at the Mathematics Village (15-19 May 2019) and continue during the Turkish Mathematics Society Undergraduate and Graduate Summer School. (15 July- 29 september)
- Istanbul Mathematics Festival, Turkey, on 4-5 May 2019 on Galatasaray University Ortaköy campus. The festival is a city wide celebration of mathematics event which aims to promote the public awareness, open to the public and free of charge.
- University of L'Aquila & Gran Sasso Science Institute, L'Aquila,Italy, May 9 to May 23.
- Lund University, Sweden around May 12
- University of Sao Paolo, Brasil, May 1 to May 31.
- The Association for Women in Mathematics (AWM), USA. The exhibition will take place during the AWM Research Symposium held on April 6-7, 2019 at Rice University in Houston Texas.
In 2018, CWM had an agreement with the following institutions:
- The III Brazilian Congress of Young Research in Pure and Applied Mathematics and Statistics (III CBJME) taking place in Curitiba, Brazil, from 12th to 14nd December 2018.
Dates and Locations:
11/12 to 11/23 Technological Federal University of Paraná (UTFPR)
11/26 to 12/07 Federal University of Paraná (UFPR) - campus Politécnico
12/12 to 12/14 Federal University of Paraná (UFPR) - campus Botânico
- The Fields Institute during the Fields Medal Symposium 2018 which honours Maryam Mirzakhani and the current and future impact of her work. The exhibition will take place from 5 to 9 November at the Fields Institute and on 5 November at the MaRS Discovery Center during the Symposium Public Opening.